Black Canyon Inn TripAdvisor

 


Lodging Specials



 

History


In 1927 the small log guest house was built, now-just northwest of the main building. In 1929 Charles Chapman built the beautiful log structure, as a home for the Wayne Stacey family. Both structures were built out of rough cut logs from the nearby forest and stand on natural foundations of moss covered stones.

In 1965 Dr. Curry Meyers bought the ranch and started to develop it as the Meyers 3M Guest Ranch. At this time he remodeled the interior of the main building to make it a restaurant. He also built the two story lodge building to the north of the restaurant as his home. This building is used today as the lodging office and banquet/conference center.

At the time Curry Meyers took over, he was certainly very busy for he also bought and moved the older guest cabins that are found throughout the property. These came from the old Stead Ranch in Moraine Park at the time the Rocky Mountain National Park took over this area.

The 3M Guest Ranch name did not last long. Bill Meyers, a friend of Curry Meyers, suggested that it be named the Black Canyon Inn for its location and views of the Black Canyon, over MacGregor Ranch, in the Rocky Mountain National Park. Since that time there have been several other owners, notably Don and Ev Leonard.

Today, The Black Canyon Inn is under the ownership of Mr. Jim Sloan. Since the purchase of this property in 1992. Some of the older guest cabins have been replaced by lodge buildings, housing the condo's that are offered today. The fourth lodge building was completed in July 2000. The secluded site continues to offer the same inviting atmosphere that drew the Stacy family here years ago.

Our largest project was completed in the spring of 2007. The 10-plex lodge building sits up on a hill to overlook MacGregor Ranch. This complex houses one, two and three-bedroom condo’s.

The covered pavilion held it's first official wedding on July 1, 2009 and has proved to be a delightful addition. We do approx. 100 weddings a year and though we’ve been lucky, there have been a few that needed to be protected from our ever changing and unpredictable mother nature.

Summer 2010 started out with a bang, we moved into our much awaited new office in June.  This building is a great first impression and affords a more modern and spacious lobby. If you are a return guest, keep driving up the hill-we’re on the curve.

The old log structure features one of Estes Parks's finest restaurants, the  Twin Owls Steakhouse, which is leased and managed by Sandra Huerta and Thad Egan.

The restaurant is known for its Colorado casual atmosphere and delicious choices in entrees. They can also coordinate your upcoming reception as well as any special event or dinner party. They may be reached at 970.586.9344.

At this time the Black Canyon Inn, lodging, and the  Twin Owls Steakhouse, restaurant, are two separate entities. If you wish to inquire on any of the services, please contact them individually.

CALL US 1-800-234-0919

Black Canyon Inn 800 MacGregor Ave Estes Park, CO 80517 +1 (800) 897-3730 info@blackcanyoninn.com

© 1999 - 2014 | Powered By Escapia Vacation Rental Software | Terms of Use

Logon