Direction from Airport to Black Canyon Inn & Estes Park
- From the Main Terminal (4.1 miles) or Car Rental Agencies, go west on Pena Blvd. To exit 6B. Go north (17 miles) on E-470 toll road to Exit 47 (I-25 North exit toward Fort Collins). Though E-470 is a toll road, they don’t accept cash. They will mail a license plate toll bill. If you have rented a car, you would need to speak with the rental company regarding their policy in this matter.
- At the last toll, merge onto the ramp for Northbound I-25 (Exit 228). Continue Northbound I-25 to Exit number 243 (15 miles). This is the Lyons/Platteville exit and is also signed for Rocky Mountain National Park. The intersecting highway is Colorado Hwy 66. You will exit to the right, but make a left hand (westbound) turn at the top of the ramp.
- Proceed west on Colorado 66 approximately 6.5 miles to the city of Longmont. Continue west through the traffic lights (2 of them) remaining on westbound 66.
- Colorado 66 continues west to the community of Lyons (17.5 miles from I-25), where it intersects/merges with US Hwy 36. This requires no turn on your part as 36 joins 66 at the first traffic signal. You will continue west bound through the Lyons commercial district. At the west end of the downtown area you will bear right at the “T” junction, remaining of US 36. Note: A left turn at this point puts you on Colorado Hwy 7, which also will arrive at Estes Park, by a somewhat longer route.
- Continue west bound on US 36 to the town of Estes Park (20 miles). You will enter the Estes Valley down a long gradual descent, crossing a portion of Lake Estes on the causeway at the bottom of the hill.
- At the first traffic signal (landmark=Rocky Mountain Park Inn & Jct Colorado Hwy 7), proceed straight through continuing west.
- At this point, make sure that you are in the right hand lane. The next light (approximately one-half mile) you need to be in the right lane. The landmarks at that intersection are McDonald’s Restaurant & Jct US 34.
- You will proceed straight through that intersection as well entering US Hwy 34 westbound. After the intersection, you will pass McDonald’s Restaurant on the right side, then Safeway grocery store, and the entrance to the Stanley Hotel (large white hotel with red roof).
- You will turn right (north) at the first opportunity after passing the Stanley entrance. This is MacGregor Avenue. There are also highway department signs indicating Glen Haven and Devils Gulch.
- The Black Canyon Inn is located about one-quarter mile north on MacGregor Avenue (third driveway) and is well marked with a lighted Gold-leaf sign on your right.
The lodging office is located at the top of the driveway. Registration parking is provided directly in front of the building as well as additional spaces to your left or right
Directions from Black Canyon Inn & Estes Park to Airport
- Leaving Black Canyon Inn, turn left (south) onto MacGregor Avenue. About one-quarter mile you will reach a stop sign.
- Turn left and drive east, on your left will be the entrance to the Stanley Hotel (large white hotel with red roof) and then Safeway grocery store. You will proceed straight through the intersection into US Hwy 36.
- Continue east bound on US Hwy 36 to the town of Lyons (20 miles). Once in Lyons, you will take a left at the first stop light and turn onto CO Hwy 66. CO Hwy 66 will wind through Lyons and then continue through the countryside to Longmont (11 miles).
- Once in Longmont, you continue east toward I-25 (6.5 miles). You will pass through five stoplights.
- You will exit to the right to enter onto I-25. Continue southbound to exit number 228 (15 miles).
- Get off at Exit 228 to E470 southbound (17 miles). Though E-470 is a toll road, they don’t accept cash. They will mail a license plate toll bill. If you have rented a car, you would need to speak with the rental company regarding their policy in this matter.
- Take Pena Blvd. at Exit 28 (.2 miles), then Exit 28A (1.6 miles) on the left and Merge onto Pena Blvd. and continue to the Main Terminal (4.1 miles) or Car Rental Agencies.
*NOTE: the printable directions above are accurate.